Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Loving Facebook!

One of my many reasons for having a blog is to involve those that I love with all of our new experiences as we have taken on new responsibilities and living in a new city. Yesterday was one of those new experiences . . . While I have had a Facebook page for several months now, I really have not known or taken advantage of how to use it.  But yesterday I figured out how to have IM conversations with people. For those of you that already know and participate in this activity, this will possibly sound silly. Risking that reaction, I must say that it was amazing to talk with family and friends that I have not spoken with in months or years.  Becca, my cousin in Oregon,  the wife of a couple that were in our small group in Monterey and moved to Okinowa, Japan, and a friend from our church in Mosaic.  For whatever reason we do not keep up with these people on a regular basis.  But in a matter of minutes I had reconnected with them and we began what I hope to be a regular interaction.  Letter writing, phone calls, even emails can take so much time that we don't often stay connected with friends and family from a distance.  But with Facebook, I can have a 5 minute conversation, or just see a "on liner" about what that person is doing or feeling that day, that moment.  Blogs are more my style as they give you the opportunity to share at a deeper level.  But seldom is their interaction.  So, as Steve said to me last night as I related to him who I had talked with that day . . .  ."Welcome to the 21st Century"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment