Monday, April 27, 2009

In The Garden

Today is my recuperation from passing through several time zones, as I flew home from Arizona yesterday.  I spent 3 wonderful days with family, filling every nook and cranny of time with different people that I love.  It is equally filling and draining, but I am so grateful to have the gift of travel, both in time and airline privileges. Thank you sweet husband for sharing me  and brother Gordon for providing the means!  
Every April we celebrate birthdays for my Dad (21st), myself (22nd), and Mom and Steve (23rd).
Although Steve needed to stay in Miami to prepare for the upcoming Board Meeting, on Mom's Bday we had a garden party and Gordon made us Salmon Taco's that were out of this world delicious.
We skyped Christa and Daniel as well as Steve . . . .  two computers going at the same time!  It was crazy hectic but so much fun to have them participate if even from a distance.  
On one of my evenings I was able to accompany Stefani and Mowee (real name Benito), her boyfriend, as they drove me up to South Mountain and we overlooked the lights of the city. It is such a beautiful spot and hard to believe that in all the years that I lived in Arizona, I never remember going there.  We took a short hike to a craggy rock and just sat and looked out over the sparkling lights of the city for a few quiet moments.  Very nice.
Gordon, Stefani and I ate at one of our favorite "must visits" whenever I am in town, Postino's and Stef and I even got to P.F. Chang's for lunch one day.  A flurry of shopping at known clothing stores, and before I knew it, I was on the plane headed home.  
I am posting a picture I took of The Garden in full bloom . . . . Only once have I seen every rose bush so full of blooms.  It was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment